The Girl Behind The Blog – 25 Facts About Me
As I was struggling to think of a blog post for this week, I decided to keep it simple and do something a little more personal. I thought it is time you get to know me a bit more, so here are 25 facts about lil ol’ me.
- My full name is Jennifer Gavan, but commonly known as Jenny or Jen. I don’t have a middle name. I never used to think this was unusual but I can’t actually think of anyone else who doesn’t have a middle name, other than my sister. Anyone else out there middlenameless?
- I love where I live. I live just outside Liverpool, in a village near Southport. The beach is a 10 minute walk away, as are the pinewoods. I love a good walk, so it is perfect for me! It’s reasonably quiet, but only a train journey into Liverpool, which, in my opinion, is an amazing city! I love the buzz, the people, the shops, the restaurants, nightlife, galleries (need I go on?!). I spend a lot of time in Liverpool, but I love coming home to our quieter little village. It just feels like home and I cant ever imagine living too far away from here.
- I LOVE roast potatoes. I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like them, what’s not to love? OMG. I want one now.
- I’m a brace face/metal mouth, whatever you’d like to call me. I have been for 4 and half years now, so I can’t remember what it is like to not have metal in my mouth. It doesn’t bother me that I have them, because I know I’m going to have nice teeth at the end of it. But c’mon, 4 and a half years! I’m a bit fed up now.
- I am 18 years old, but not your stereo typical 18 year old. A perfect night for me is a cup of tea, pyjamas and any of the following on the telly: The Great British Bake Off/Portrait Artist of the Year/The Apprentice/Strictly Come Dancing/The Great British Sewing Bee. I am also a gin drinker, which many people find weird. Any fellow 18-year-old gin drinkers out there? I’d love to know!
- I collect teapots. This follows on nicely from number 5.
- I have never had a Subway. I know. What am I?
- I took English (lang/lit), Art and Dance for A-level. I did them purely because I loved them. Sixth form is hard enough, so I don’t see the point on doing something you don’t enjoy.
- I once had to go to hospital because I got a raisin stuck up my nose.
- The most common misconception about me is that I am quiet. I appear shy when you first meet me, but once you get to know me I am really not. Which leads me on nicely to my next fact…
- The people closest to me will probably say that I am a complete weirdo. But I’m okay with that.
- I cannot sing for my life. I have trained myself not to sing in public because nobody deserves to hear that.
- I have scoliosis.
- I have a beagle called Jess. After years and years of my asking nearly everyday (no exaggeration) my dad finally said yes. We got Jess on the 13th August 2011 and it was one of the best days of my life. My dreams came true… I became a dog owner.
- Modern Family, Gavin & Stacey and Friends are the best programmes ever. I could watch them over and over.
- I am a professional window shopper. I very rarely buy something that isn’t in the sale. I have a love-hate relationship with some shops (i.e Urban Outfitters) because I adore all the clothes but can’t bear to spend that much money on them.
- I bloody love Christmas.
- I once full on cried because a pigeon died in our front garden.
- I don’t like fizzy drinks.
- I am a fainter. I have a list of places where I have embarrassingly fainted, including the chemist, school (on serveral occasions including a PSHE lesson), the doctors, the orthodontist reception, the train and Morrsions.
- The only places I have ever been abroad are Barcelona, Belgium and Switzerland. I defo want to travel more. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to got to Canada one day.
- We used to have three guinea pigs. Mine was called Nugget. Yes, I named my first pet after my favourite food at the time- chicken nuggets.
- I do not hold back on the dance floor.
- When I was younger I wanted to be Avril Lavigne.
- My most loved item in my wardrobe has to be my Dr. Martens. I have owned them for longer than I have owned my braces. They go with everything, you can walk through anything in them, they keep my feet warm and they are so comfortable. That is the definition of perfect footwear in my opinion.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. It is a bit different to what I usually do, but I loved writing it!
I’d love to get to know you all a little more too, so please feel free to introduce yourself in the comments.
Lots of love,